BBQ Buffalo Roast
- 4 - 6 lb. roast (cut doesn’t really matter)
- Insert 4 - 5 half-cloves of garlic in various places inside the roast.
- Sprinkle all surfaces with seasoning salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder (not salt)
Prepare the BBQ as follows:
- Underneath the grill on top of the coals, lava rocks or tile place a metal cake pan that is larger than the roast and fill approximately 2/3 full of water. This will stop any flaring of the roast and drippings and also prevents the roast from drying out.
- Start BBQ only on the OPPOSITE side from where you are cooking the roast. Start on HIGH heat and after searing the roast, turn heat down to LOW to MEDIUM.
- During cooking, set the roast on end and turn 1/4 turn EVERY 15 MINUTES, doing the ends of the roast last. Generally, cooking time is 1/2 hour per pound.
- It is preferable to use a meat thermometer to determine how well done you like the meat