Kids will love this Weight Watchers Favorite Recipe
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 2/3 cup each chopped Onions and Green Bell Pepper
- 5 oz. Ground Buffalo
- 4 oz. drained canned Red Kidney Beans, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp. firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Hamburger Buns (2 oz. ea.) cut into halves and toasted
- In 8 inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add celery, onions, and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
- Add buffalo and, using back of a wooden spoon to crumble meat, cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes; stir in remaining ingredients except buns and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until buffalo is cooked through and flavors are blended, 12-15 minutes.
- To serve, spoon half of buffalo mixture onto bottom half of bun, top with remaining half and serve immediately.
Makes 2 Servings. Each serving provides: 2 Protein Exchanges; 2 Bread Exchanges; 3 ¼ Vegetable Exchanges; ½ Fat Exchange; 30 calories Optional Exchange. Per serving: 460 calories; 26 grams protein; 14 grams fat; 62 grams carbohydrate; 131 mg. calcium; 850 mg. sodium; 56 mg. cholesterol.
source: Weight Watchers Favorite Recipes